The sixth season of the Dublin Quiz League kicked off in September 2019. Like the previous season, 21 teams were playing (5 of whom were new), spread across 3 divisions of 7 teams each. A new development this year was the introduction of the solo Brain of Dublin competition, held in parallel from November onwards.
All proceeded as you might expect for a few months until February 2020 — after a certain major world event you may have heard of, all the remaining matches were put on hold during lockdown. In the end, the hiatus lasted for 12 months — due to ongoing uncertainty about when pubs would reopen, the remaining matches were played on Zoom between March and July 2021.
For the second season in a row, we were able to offer over €1,000 in cash prizes – our winners were as follows:
- Division 1 winners: The Rollin’ Estonians (€300 prize)
- Division 1 runners-up: Team Jules (€150)
- Division 2 winners: E = MC Hammer (€200)
- Division 2 runners-up: The Quizzards of Odd (€120)
- Division 3 winners: Aldo Bream Sleeps With The Fishes (€150)
- Division 3 runners-up: Western Quizhounds (€100)
Final league tables
|1||The Rollin' Estonians||12||8||1||3||619||564||+55||4||38|
|3||Team Irish Life||12||6||2||4||596||578||+18||7||35|
|4||My Mates in the Corner||12||6||1||5||581||565||+16||4||30|
|5||Obi Won This Round||12||4||1||7||565||617||-52||5||23|
|7||The Kew Tours||12||3||1||8||566||607||-41||7||21|
|1||E = MC Hammer||12||9||1||2||579||505||+74||2||40|
|2||The Quizzards of Odd||12||8||0||4||589||527||+62||5||37|
|5||The Hitsquad Oracles||12||4||1||7||499||543||-44||4||22|
|1||Aldo Bream Sleeps With The Fishes||12||12||0||0||637||408||+229||0||48|
|3||The Emperor's Chambermaids||12||8||1||3||511||479||+32||2||36|
|4||Dr Fünke's 100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution||12||5||0||7||473||501||-28||4||24|
|6||The Four Horsemen||12||2||1||9||425||524||-99||3||13|
- Points are awarded as follows: 4 points awarded for a win, 2 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- Bonus points are awarded as follows:
- Losing bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who loses a close match (by 7 points or less)
- Individual bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who has a “perfect” individual round during a match (4 out of 4 correct with no conferring)
- If two or more teams are level on points, then the team with the most points “For” are ranked ahead. If that’s also equal, then we use the Points Difference (points For minus points Against).
- Teams in the prize money and/or promotion slots are shown in green. Teams in the relegation zone are shown in red.