Please note: the Dublin Quiz League and Brain of Dublin are both currently on hold due to the COVID-19 crisis. We’ll plan to finish our current season in the coming months as the situation improves. Stay safe everyone!
Held for the first time in November 2019, Brain of Dublin is an individual quiz tournament which runs in parallel with the Dublin Quiz League. Here’s how it works:
- The tournament is open to anyone (you don’t have to be a Dublin Quiz League player)
- Teams are not involved – this is an individual tournament, so every man or woman for themselves!
- The tournament will take place over multiple months, starting with a qualifier in November.
- There will be a nominal entry fee of €5 per person, payable on the qualifier night.
- The qualifier will be a written quiz of 50 questions to be completed in 30 minutes. The top 32 scores will qualify for the tournament proper.
- The remainder of the tournament will take place between December and April – once a month, on the same night as Dublin Quiz League matches (either before or afterwards) in the same venues.
- The heats between December to March will each be a quiz match between 4 players, with the top 1 or 2 scorers going forward to the next round.
- Then in April, there will be a grand final between the last 4 players, with cash prizes for both the winner and runner-up!
If you have any questions, or would like to take part in the next tournament, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.