Newsflash November 22nd: results of the Brain of Dublin qualifiers are now available – the top 32 now proceed to the tournament taking place from Dec 2nd onwards.
Brain of Dublin is the IQO’s newest quiz event: an individual quiz tournament which runs in parallel with the Dublin Quiz League. Here’s how it works:
- The tournament is open to anyone (you don’t have to be a Dublin Quiz League player)
- Teams are not involved – this is an individual tournament, so every man or woman for themselves!
- The tournament will take place over multiple months, starting with a qualifier in November.
- There will be a nominal entry fee of €5 per person, payable on the qualifier night.
- The qualifier will be a written quiz of 50 questions to be completed in 30 minutes. The top 32 scores will qualify for the tournament proper.
- The remainder of the tournament will take place between December and April – once a month, on the same night as Dublin Quiz League matches (either before or afterwards) in the same venues – namely Sam’s Bar and Cafe en Seine, both on Dawson Street.
- The heats between December to March will each be a quiz match between 4 players, with the top 1 or 2 scorers going forward to the next round.
- Then in April, there will be a grand final between the last 4 players, with cash prizes for both the winner and runner-up!