Following the positive reaction to the first Dublin Quiz League season, we wasted no time planning another, which started less than a month and a half after the first season ended! This second season ran from January to May 2016, and was slightly expanded, seeing the original 10 teams stretch to 13.
In the event, we saw another incredibly close finish to the season, where Team Jules pipped The Rollin’ Estonians to the title by one single point – the latter having drawn their penultimate match and therefore dropping 2 points in the process.
All matches were once again held in JW Sweetman’s of Burgh Quay, but this was the last season for which Sweetman’s was the sole venue – from the following season onwards, the league had to be split between 2 pubs due to the increased number of teams.
- 1st place: Team Jules (€300 prize)
- 2nd place: The Rollin’ Estonians (€200)
- 3rd place: Obi Won This Round (€100)
Final league tables
|2||The Rollin' Estonians||12||10||1||1||600||470||+130||3||45|
|3||Obi Won This Round||12||9||1||2||642||497||+145||4||42|
|4||Team Irish Life||12||9||0||3||613||471||+142||3||39|
|5||The Magnificent Seven||12||8||1||3||548||489||+59||2||36|
|6||E = MC Hammer||12||7||0||5||504||489||+15||1||29|
|7||My Mates in the Corner||12||6||0||6||513||483||+30||3||27|
|8||Let's Get Quizzical||12||6||1||5||480||482||-2||0||26|
|10||The Quizzie Rascals||12||3||1||8||466||526||-60||1||15|
|11||The Hitsquad Oracles||12||2||0||10||433||552||-119||2||10|
|12||The Priory Posse||12||1||0||11||326||570||-244||3||7|
|13||Priests of Quiztzalcoatl||12||0||0||12||390||598||-208||2||2|
- Points are awarded as follows: 4 points awarded for a win, 2 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- Bonus points are awarded as follows:
- Losing bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who loses a close match (by 7 points or less)
- Individual bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who has a “perfect” individual round during a match (4 out of 4 correct with no conferring)
- If two or more teams are level on points, then the team with the most points “For” are ranked ahead. If that’s also equal, then we use the Points Difference (points For minus points Against).
- Teams in the prize money and/or promotion slots are shown in green. Teams in the relegation zone are shown in red.