July 2021 update: We have now finished the sixth season of the Dublin Quiz League — after a 12-month hiatus thanks to COVID, the remaining matches were played on Zoom between March and July 2021.
We hope to kick off the next season of the League at the end of 2021 or early 2022, depending on when it is feasible to gather freely in pubs again. Watch this space (or join the DQL Facebook group) for any future announcements.
21 teams played in our most recent season (5 of whom were new), spread across 3 divisions of 7 teams each.
For the second season in a row, we were able to offer over €1,000 in cash prizes – our winners were as follows:
- Division 1 champions: The Rollin’ Estonians (€300 cash prize)
- Division 1 runners-up: Team Jules (€150)
- Division 2 winners: E = MC Hammer (€200)
- Division 2 runners-up: The Quizzards of Odd (€120)
- Division 3 winners: Aldo Bream Sleeps With The Fishes (€150)
- Division 3 runners-up: Western Quizhounds (€100)
- 30th September 2019
- 4th November 2019
- 2nd December 2019
- 27th January 2020
- 24th February 2020
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- July 2021
Current league tables:
|1||The Rollin' Estonians||12||8||1||3||619||564||+55||4||38|
|3||Team Irish Life||12||6||2||4||596||578||+18||7||35|
|4||My Mates in the Corner||12||6||1||5||581||565||+16||4||30|
|5||Obi Won This Round||12||4||1||7||565||617||-52||5||23|
|7||The Kew Tours||12||3||1||8||566||607||-41||7||21|
|1||E = MC Hammer||12||9||1||2||579||505||+74||2||40|
|2||The Quizzards of Odd||12||8||0||4||589||527||+62||5||37|
|5||The Hitsquad Oracles||12||4||1||7||499||543||-44||4||22|
|1||Aldo Bream Sleeps With The Fishes||12||12||0||0||637||408||+229||0||48|
|3||The Emperor's Chambermaids||12||8||1||3||511||479||+32||2||36|
|4||Dr Fünke's 100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution||12||5||0||7||473||501||-28||4||24|
|6||The Four Horsemen||12||2||1||9||425||524||-99||3||13|
- Points are awarded as follows: 4 points awarded for a win, 2 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- Bonus points are awarded as follows:
- Losing bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who loses a close match (by 7 points or less)
- Individual bonus: 1 league point awarded to any team who has a “perfect” individual round during a match (4 out of 4 correct with no conferring)
- If two or more teams are level on points, then the team with the most points “For” are ranked ahead. If that’s also equal, then we use the Points Difference (points For minus points Against).
- Teams in the prize money and/or promotion slots are shown in green. Teams in the relegation zone are shown in red.